The AICP and DPSS have formed a strategic partnership to support the training and development of those in the internal control profession. DPSS is a fully approved provider of AICP courses
The AICP is the only UK internal control institution dedicated to all-round management proficiency and organisational competence. The focus is on people development through the achievement of professional and vocational qualifications and training.
They operate as a centre of excellence within the sphere of internal control, risk management, corporate governance, procurement and supply chain management.
Internal controls consist of the plans, methods, techniques and procedures an organisation uses to meet its mission, goals, and objectives. During the process the elements of overall corporate strategy and governance are fully considered. The process is an integral part of managing an organisation and provides the framework for identifying and addressing major performance and management challenges.
Expanded role for business managers.
Since the early part of this century organisations have become multi-layered and enormously complex. Because of their size, processes are often redundant, controls can become lax, and standards, once firmly anchored may have begun to drift away from the organisation’s founding principles. This is how and where many companies fail – because of dysfunctional internal controls.
Today there is an expanded role for business managers, internal control, internal audit and procurement and supply chain professionals. In building the MAICP and MAPP professional certification programmes we have focused on the most important competencies required for personal career fulfilment and to help an organisation achieve its goals. Such competencies include the ability to;
- Identify and address major risks to an organisation from fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement.
- Understand and apply ethical values and integrity; key elements that contribute to an effective business environment.
- Recognise the essential building blocks that are required for a successful and profitable business.
- Create optimum performance through knowledge and understanding, and to construct effective procedures and processes that reinforces the purpose and principles of an organisation.
- The ability to meet the challenge of change and to adapt to and instigate changes and innovations.
The AICP Professional Certification is central for every manager, supervisor or administrator in the modern workplace.
Professional Certification in Internal Control (MAICP designation – Member of the Association of Internal Control Practitioners)
MAICP is a personal professional certification designed to contribute to the achievement of the individual’s career development and the organisation’s mission, goals, and objectives. The Study programme creates an understanding of the essential characteristics of internal control.
Professional Certification in Procurement & Supply Chain Management (MAPP designation – Member of the Association of Procurement Professionals)
To create strategic change and innovative solutions in procurement, buyers and managers need to fully understand the underlying principles of procurement and supply chain management and how to manage risk.
MAPP personal professional certification provides the foundation for buyers, managers, auditors and others involved in day-to-day management and oversight to enhance their knowledge and understanding of procurement practices, drive in cost efficiency, improve standards and help to avoid fraud.
Bespoke course fall within the following topic headings;
- The Principles and Practices of Internal Control;
- Essential Elements for an Effective Internal Control System;
- Risk Management;
- Internal Controls in the Small to Medium Size Business;
- Internal Control in Procurement Operations;
- Corporate governance and compliance;
- Evaluation and improvement of an internal control system.
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org