This course is also available as an in-house event.
To book please contact email@example.com
Duration: 2 days
CPD points: 12
|This course is endorsed by IACCM and its contents will assist you if you are studying for IACCM certification|
To provide participants with the skills, knowledge and competencies required to plan for and carry out effective negotiations in a range of different environments. The course provides the opportunity to assess and build on exiting skills, focusing on achieving win/win outcomes.
Course Content Verification
The content of this course has been cross mapped with CIPS/ISM/IACCM competency frameworks and other relevant international standards
Managers and team members who are have some experience of negotiation who would benefit from extending their knowledge of the subject. Experienced negotiators who want to refresh their skills.
By the end of the programme participants will add value to the organisation by being able to:
- Recognise the importance of an organisation adopting a strategic approach to negotiation
- Differentiate between “excellent” and “standard” negotiators”, reinforcing the Behaviours that lead to successful outcomes
- Analyse their own negotiating style to identify areas for development
- Explore how concepts such as Emotional Intelligence, Transactional Analysis and Conflict Resolution can be applied to negotiation scenarios.
- Develop an effective strategy for answering the two most difficult questions for any negotiator
- Identify the most common barriers to a successful negotiation outcome and develop strategies to overcome these
- Apply a range of persuading and influencing tools and techniques to support the business in obtaining value for money, quality and fit for purpose outcomes
- Appreciate the importance of verbal and non-verbal communication skills in maximising the opportunities for reaching win / win agreements
- Consider the benefits and drawbacks of a variety of negotiating approaches
- Feel confident and prepared when participating in or supporting a negotiation
Session Domestics, course aims and personal objectives
Session Definitions of negotiation, what constitutes “Success” in negotiation?
How do you know if you are successful? Need to link to organisation’s strategic goals
Session What kind of negotiator are you? Collaborative or competitive? What are the benefits and drawbacks of your preferred approach? When is each appropriate?
Session What skills will allow you to use each style effectively?
Session How to developing a negotiation “mandate” with key stakeholders, exploring the importance of getting buy in and how to secure it. Ensuring team members are clear of their roles.
Session Discussion of key variables and range of objectives from Most to Least desirable outcomes
Session Explore the behavioural aspects of negotiation. Psychology, perception and influencing in planning and carrying out negotiations
Session Practical planning and objective setting role play
Session Negotiation role play exercise
Session Review key learning, personal development action planning
Date: 12 & 13th September 2018
Cost: £720,00 plus VAT
Course ref: 2005ING
Venue: Woburn House, London , WC1H
We accept payment by major credit cards
Please note discounts are available for certain categories of participants including self-funders, charities, armed forces, schools, multiple and block bookings
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you are eligible!