This course is also available as an in-house event.
To book please contact email@example.com
Duration: 1 day
CPD points: 6
To enable marketing and sales professionals to manage the process of commercial contracting and contract management with both clients and contractors, effectively and efficiently to ensure value for money, optimum terms and conditions and improved margins. To develop appropriate relationships with contactors and clients, across a wide range of contract types in terms of risk and value. The course will empower marketing professionals with the tools and techniques needed collaborate with clients and all key stakeholders.
Course Content Verification
The content of this course has been cross mapped with CIPS/ISM/IACCM competency frameworks and other relevant international standard
This course is designed for marketing and media professionals in who have direct or indirect responsibility for the effective management and development of commercial contracts and contractors and clients. This could include marketing and media managers, sales managers, event managers, business development managers, technical experts, proponents, project managers, finance, internal customers, and other key stakeholders who need to collaborate.
By the end of the programme participants will be able to:
• Understand the total process of managing buy-side and sell-side contracts
• Exploit opportunities to extract extra added valued from the contract
• Develop appropriate relationships with contractors and clients
• Understand and utilise a range of commercial and contracting strategies and options
• Measure and improve commercial contract performance, both buy and sell side
• Understand the legalities of commercial and contract management
• Session Course aims and objectives Learning outcomes agreed
• Session Defining commercial and contract management and overview of the contracting process, mapping the ‘territory’ defining contracting as a process to secure the resource and provide the service
• Session, Identity and develop the skills, knowledge, and attributes of the contract manager in the context of the organization and their overall responsibilities.
• Session Explore the critical success factors, including defining successful outcomes, effective stakeholder engagement and creating a shared vision of the outcomes with the client and the contractor
• Session How to develop and understand specifications and scopes of work
• Session How to develop a robust contracting strategy and appropriate types of contract and clients
• Session Client and stakeholder analysis, managing expectations and the ‘shared vision’ concept to ensure client co-operation, satisfaction, and delight
• Session Creating and developing commercial relationships, types of relationships, how to manage difficult relationships, contractor and client motivational issues, how to use incentives.
• Session Introduction to key negotiation skills of persuading and influencing to work with stakeholders to improve outcomes for both contractors and clients
• Session Dealing with claims and variations, how to challenge contractor and client claims and requests for variations by making use of contractual terms and specifications
• Session How to measure and improve commercial performance, developing SLA/KPI systems, contractual terms and conditions and basic legal principles
• Session Contract close, exploring the importance of effective contract close-processes
• Session Course close out