This course is also available as an in-house event.
To book please contact email@example.com
Duration: 1 day
CPD points: 6
To enable participants to manage the process of commercial contracting and contract management effectively and efficiently to ensure value for money, improved service, and appropriate relationships, across a wide range of contract types in terms of risk and value. The course will aim to empower participants with the tools and techniques needed collaborate with all key stakeholders.
Course Content Verification
The content of this course has been cross mapped with CIPS/ISM/IACCM competency frameworks and other relevant international standard
This course is designed for those in who have direct or indirect responsibility for the effective management and development of commercial contracts and contractors. This could include end users, contract managers, sales managers, commercial managers, technical experts, proponents, project managers, finance, internal customers, and other key stakeholders who need to collaborate with procurement and contracting to develop robust and effective contract management systems and templates. This could also include those seeking a refresher in this subject.
By the end of the programme participants will be able to:
• Understand the total process of managing contracts
• Exploit opportunities to extract extra added valued
• Develop appropriate relationships with contractors
• Understand and utilise a range of contracting strategies and options
• Measure and improve contract performance
• Understand the impact of legislation on contract performance
• Session Course aims and objectives Learning outcomes agreed
• Session Defining contract management and overview of the contracting process, mapping the ‘territory’ defining contracting as a process to secure the resource and contract management
• Session, Identity and develop the skills, knowledge, and attributes of the contract manager in the context of the organization and their overall responsibilities.
• Session Explore the critical success factors, including defining successful outcomes, effective stakeholder engagement and creating a shared vision of the outcomes
• Session How to develop effective specification and scopes of work development and how to develop a robust contracting strategy and appropriate types of contract
• Session Customer and stakeholder analysis, managing expectations and the ‘shared vision’ concept to ensure customer co-operation, satisfaction, and delight
• Session Creating and developing commercial relationships, types of relationships, how to manage difficult relationships, contractor motivational issues, how to use incentives
• Session Introduction to key negotiation skills of persuading and influencing to work with stakeholders to improve outcomes for all
• Session Dealing claims and variations, how to challenge contractor claims and requests for variations by making use of contractual terms and specifications to prevent false claims
• Session How to measure and improve contractor performance, developing KPI systems, contractual terms and conditions and basic legal principles
• Session Contract close, exploring the importance of effective contract close-processes
• Session Course close out and Action planning