This course is also available as an in-house event.
To book please contact email@example.com
Duration: 1 day
CPD points: 6
|This course is endorsed by IACCM and its contents will assist you if you are studying for IACCM certification|
To provide participants with the skills, knowledge and competencies required to plan for and carry out effective negotiations in a range of different environments.
Managers and team members who are new to the process of negotiation or who would benefit from a more structured approach to negotiating with suppliers and internal stakeholders. Will benefit staff who participate in or support negotiations.
By the end of the programme participants will add value to the organisation by being able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of negotiation and how it adds value to the organisation.
- Recognise the stages of negotiations and the skills required at each stage
- Make use of tried and tested negotiation planning tools
- Apply a range negotiation tools and techniques to support the business in obtaining value for money, quality and fit for purpose outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to set negotiation objectives
- Appreciate the importance of interpersonal skills in maximising the opportunities for reaching win / win agreements
Session Introductions, aims and objectives and plan for the day
Session How to set the scene and why do we negotiate?
Session Understanding the negotiation context, review the situations in which we negotiate in our working environment, with suppliers and with stakeholders
Session Identify the phases of negotiation, and how to break down the process of negotiation into the things that happen before, during and after the negotiation session
Session Appreciating the importance of and approach to planning for negotiation. The identification of key variables and the setting of objectives for these variables.
Session Planning exercise
Session The identification of key skills in Negotiation, including communication, numeracy, and empathy
Session How to practical apply these skills in role play scenario
Session Review learning points and formulate action plan
Session Close out and actions plans
Date: Dates upon application
Cost: £279.00 plus VAT
Course ref: 0805ITN & 1605ITN
Venue: Woburn House, Tavistock Square London
We accept payment by major credit cards
Please note discounts are available for certain categories of participants including self-funders, charities, armed forces, schools, multiple and block bookings
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if you are eligible!